Dragging my feet

Not much has happened in regard to my glass work. I lost the space I was working in in my basement due to to location under the "new" tenants. (Not so new, they've been there a little under a year now.) It's been hard to motivate with no space to really work in that's easily accessed.
I do have to finish the final tweaks on the frame of that recreated Dutch window I did in my last class. It needs more sanding, a new course of 1/4 round to hold the glass in, prime and a paint and some new hardware. I might leave the hardware up to it's next owner.

A New Year.

I've been in contact with the glass studio close to Boston, and they might have an independent instructor for me to take classes from. We will see where that goes. This guy is on the North Shore, I think, but if It could be done over weekends it might be do-able. (Not like I have many of those, but time might have to be made.)

Lead. The whole project was like lead.

I was super excited about a second stained glass class I took in November and December, again, at WCC. The instructor was supposed the same I'd had for the other two classes.
It was not to be. I'm trying to frame it in my mind as a bunch of misplaced expectations. The instructor was replaced at the last minute, the write up said to bring your own sash or frame to design to, but I was the only one who did, and one of my co-students was the singularly most negative person I've dealt with in a long time.
The new instructor was a nice enough guy, but very difficult to hear or understand. Trying to engage him in conversation was kind of like pulling teeth.
There were tools needed that just weren't there, and I wound up using a lot of things from my car that are not tools normally associated with window work. Necessity was the mother of improvisation, (for weeks.)
Anyway. I'm actually relieved that it's over. It was exhausting. I learned a lot, but not about windows or stained glass.

I walked in with the plans for creating a reproduction window from the Dutch Colony period of New York, (then New Amsterdam). It is based off the measured drawings found in Steven's book, "Dutch Vernacular Architecture in North America, 1640-1830". The frame I found to use was close in correct proportion - an old china cabinet door I found at Zaborski's in Kingston, NY. The outside dimensions are 20.5" wide by 38.5" tall. I didn't have the time, skill, or space to fabricate a correct sash.
At this point, the light is complete, but the frame still needs tuning up - I don't really have anywhere at home to work on it, but it still needs:
1) Replace the nails in the wood retaining strips with something appropriate.
2) Wood putty the crap out of it.
3) Sand it down nice
4) Prime and paint.

So here it is, from start to... now.

Progress!

No fun picture, (maybe next week,) but finally some new progress on the Lamb piece. A friend, Rozi, offered the use of her shop, brains and grinder to progress the sheep. Last night I made it a true 15" 4 sided solid back frame to fit the Lamb into for positioning and soldering. WE were all short on time, next week I'll go back up and start migrating the pieces into the frame, and grinding down as I go to make it fit.
Time to order the copper tape I've been putting off. Thanks Rozi!
In other news, all attempts to buy a grinder off craigslist were utter failures. Ahh well.