Lead. The whole project was like lead.

I was super excited about a second stained glass class I took in November and December, again, at WCC. The instructor was supposed the same I'd had for the other two classes.
It was not to be. I'm trying to frame it in my mind as a bunch of misplaced expectations. The instructor was replaced at the last minute, the write up said to bring your own sash or frame to design to, but I was the only one who did, and one of my co-students was the singularly most negative person I've dealt with in a long time.
The new instructor was a nice enough guy, but very difficult to hear or understand. Trying to engage him in conversation was kind of like pulling teeth.
There were tools needed that just weren't there, and I wound up using a lot of things from my car that are not tools normally associated with window work. Necessity was the mother of improvisation, (for weeks.)
Anyway. I'm actually relieved that it's over. It was exhausting. I learned a lot, but not about windows or stained glass.

I walked in with the plans for creating a reproduction window from the Dutch Colony period of New York, (then New Amsterdam). It is based off the measured drawings found in Steven's book, "Dutch Vernacular Architecture in North America, 1640-1830". The frame I found to use was close in correct proportion - an old china cabinet door I found at Zaborski's in Kingston, NY. The outside dimensions are 20.5" wide by 38.5" tall. I didn't have the time, skill, or space to fabricate a correct sash.
At this point, the light is complete, but the frame still needs tuning up - I don't really have anywhere at home to work on it, but it still needs:
1) Replace the nails in the wood retaining strips with something appropriate.
2) Wood putty the crap out of it.
3) Sand it down nice
4) Prime and paint.

So here it is, from start to... now.